Educate Texas is looking to add a policy lead for our P-12 portfolio of work with an emphasis on educator effectiveness, college and career readiness, and supporting innovative reforms passed in recent sessions (especially HB 3). This person will serve as a co-lead of our Teaching and Learning Council and will play a key part in other coalitions where we’re engaged.
The ideal candidate would have the following:
- Hands-on experience with education policy as
- An educator who’s been actively involved with policy and advocacy,
- A legislative staffer who’s worked deeply on public education policy, or
- Someone who’s served in another relevant policy and advocacy role.
- Experience as a relationship builder
- Proven ability to get deep into the details of policy
- Strong communication skills with the ability to make the complex simple
- A reputation as one who gets stuff done.