As a Staff Attorney, you will bring to TASB’s Legal Services Division knowledge of public school law to provide legal assistance to TASB members and divisions through various legal publications, policy review and drafting, legal training, and telephone consultation. This position reports to the division director of TASB Legal Services and requires in-person work at TASB headquarters in Austin, Texas.
A Typical Day
- Consult with and advise TASB members on legal issues, including phone consultation
- Provide legal review and exercise discretion regarding whether to comment on legal risks in members’ unique localized policies and procedures
- Prepare presentations and related materials on a variety of legal topics for members at TASB training events; in-state travel is required
- Develop and maintain a generalized knowledge of public school law
- If you’re still reading, we’d love to meet you!